Sunday, September 28, 2008

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Meghan and I am a fifteen year-old young lady who is in 10th grade-my ninth year of being homeschooled. I am in the midst of living out God's will for my life thus far in the form of a painful hip disability that limits my mobility. It's one of those disabilities that most people do not notice because I only walk with a slight limp and/or cane. God is good, for He is sharpening and refining me into gold through the fire of pain and limitations. I am the eldest of four children: my three siblings are: Sara, (12) Ronnie (6) and Anna (3). Our family is committed to following the Lord's leading in each and every area of our life. We believe in Biblical femininity and masculinity and weigh every issue we are presented with, based on what the Bible says. My family's beliefs are also my personal beliefs and I believe the highest calling, the Biblical calling of women, is to be a Godly, virtuous wife, mother and homemaker. I believe, the Lord does not wish for me to go to college but to stay at home, productively learning and helping from and in the home to be a Godly homemaker someday. My interests include writing, reading, cooking, baking, playing the piano, embroidery, crocheting and old movies. I enjoy reading classic fiction but have lately had to refrain from "Christian" romance novels because of the risk of an unhealthy influence. I also enjoy expanding my knowledge of the Lord by reading theology books, devotionals, and biographies of Christian men and women. May the Lord bless you and keep you!~Maiden Meghan~
Post-Script: I will be posting a book review on "Feminine by Design: the 12 Pillars of Biblical Femininity" by Scott T. Brown soon! It's a wonderful book and I highly recommend it!

No comments: