Monday, September 3, 2007

Yet another Introduction! =)



Dear sisters in Christ,


Hello! I wanted to write my own introduction, so that you would be able to know a little more about me.


My name is Rebekah Ann Shadoin, I'm 15, and I live with my family in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. I was asked by Laura Hines a short time ago to join Mayden Fair. I feel honored to be able to be a part of this wonderful, Christ-honoring blog & to have the chance to meet and get to know all of you like-minded girls. I want to thank you all for this opportunity to be a part of Mayden Fair-especially since I'm only 15-probably the youngest girl here.


The Lord, within the past year, has brought about huge changes in my family and our convictions. Without even knowing it, I had been shaped by some feministic beliefs. The Lord, in His grace and mercy, has chosen to show me what His Word truly says on the subjects of femininity, Biblical daughterhood and womanhood, and the roles of daughters and women. He has shown me that feminism is enslaving to women, heretical, and one of the main reasons this country is falling apart at the seams. Luke 12:48(NKJV) says, "For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required." The Lord has delivered me out of a life of feminism, and for that reason, my goal in life is to be an encouragement to girls and young women as they seak to return back to the beauties of Biblical femininity-amidst a culture who looks down upon and belittles such ladies. I also desire to teach and edify young ladies in the Biblical truths of homemaking, femininity and modesty, Biblical daughterhood and womanhood, and the roles God lovingly designed for women. And in so doing, to train and prepare girls for the battle before them, in the humanistic, feministic culture in which we live.


My family consists of my wonderful father, George; my beloved mother Angela; and my dear little brother Andrew, who's 8. Each one of them is such a huge blessing to me daily, and bring me so much joy!! My father is the Spiritual Leader of our home and leads us in family worship each night. He works for an eye doctor, and provides for us daily. My mother and I are very close, and each night right before I go to bed, I lay in bed and my mom reads out loud from an Elsie Dinsmore book. I'm 15, but even though I'm getting older, I so much enjoy this time together, and will miss it so very greatly when I get married and have a home of my own! I know that I can go to her or my father anytime, no matter what I'm going through, and they will be there for me with advice and counsel from God's Word. My brother is such a blessing!! He is such a sweetheart, and he looks up to his big sister. I have the huge responsibility of being a God-fearing role model for him. I enjoy the time we spend together each day, and will miss it terribly when we both have homes of our own. My family is such a blessing, and I don't know what I would do without them!


I have been homeschooled since kindergarten, and have just entered my sophomore year of high school. My favorite subject is now history, thanks to Vision Forum and their Christ-honoring products. I am so thankful that I'm homeschooled, and so blessed to be so! It is the Biblical way of receiving an education, and because of being homeschooled, I am able to spend so much more time with my family than others are who attend government schools.


My favorite things to do include: reading, watching wholesome movies, ballroom dancing, spending time with and playing games with my family, going tubing, serving my family, spending time with friends, crocheting, baking, blogging, learning homemaking skills, and being an encouragement to others.


Just a few of my all time favorite books are: So Much More, Before You Meet Prince Charming, The Pilgrim's Progress, the Elsie Dinsmore series, the Courtship series by Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Castleberry, and Mother. The Nativity Story, the 1949 version of Little Women, Pamela's Prayer, and all of the movies in the Janette Oke Love Comes Softly series are just a couple of my favorite movies.

My favorite songs are hymns and worship songs, and include: Be Thou My Vision, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy, Trust and Obey, Come Thou Almighty King, Doxology, etc.

My goals and dreams in life are to be a wife and helpmeet, homemaker, and mother to many blessings.


Please visit my blog, By His Grace and For His Glory often! I will very soon be announcing what the very exciting ministry idea for girls and young women is that the Lord laid upon my heart about 2 months ago.


I would love to hear from each and every one of you, so please e-mail me anytime at: living_for_my_Lords_glory@hotmail.com. (*note: no apostrophe in Lords-hotmail does not allow commas, apostrophes, etc.) If you have any prayer requests or praise reports, please e-mail them to me, and I will pray for you, and mention them on my blog as well, if that is allright with you.


The Lord's richest blessings to you all,
Rebekah Ann Shadoin
Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

Hannah said...

Rebekah,
What a wonderful post! Even though we have known each other for almost a year now, I now feel as if I have known you for much longer! Your post is such an encouragement to me! Your writing really shows how much you love your family, and most of all how much you love and adore your Savior!!
Thank you for the great words and encouragement to one who is younger and wishes to,like you, strive to worship and glorify her King in all that she does!!

In Christ my Savior,
~Hannah~

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hi Rebekah! What a pleasure to read more about you here on Mayden Fair. I'm looking forward to more posts from you!

Amy said...

Hi Rebekah! It is a pleasure to "meet" you :o)

The Ambrosetti Family said...

Rebekah, reading that post and listening that beautiful hymn..WOW, it just really hit me! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and encouraging post! I love you like a sister, and pray that the Lord will continue to dwell in you, and guide your life as you share His everlasting love to those around you!!!

Love in Christ,
~Ali~

Laura H. said...

What an honor to meet you! Yes, you are the youngest mayden to participate. We are so honored to have you with us!

Laura H.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you Rebecca! I so enjoyed reading about you and your family and your desires in serving the Lord. Also I might mention that you are one of the most mature 15 year olds I have ever "met". Praise be to the Lord who has set this path before you and that you have chosen to walk along the straight and narrow and not be influenced by the feminists.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Hannah,
You are so kind!!! I'm so glad it was encouraging to you! Your sweet comments really made my day!

God bless you and your family!
Your sister in Christ,
Rebekah

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Hey, Anna! Thank you so much for your kind comments! It is such a blessing to be a part of Mayden Fair!

Hi, Mrs. Brigham! It's so nice to "meet" you, too!! :) And we don't live too far away-you are in Georgia and I'm in Tennessee.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Ali,

Aw!! I don't know what to say! I'm so glad this post was encouraging to you as well! You are such a blessing! I don't know what I would do without you and our dear friendship!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Delighting in Him,

Hi! It is so nice to meet you!! Your comment brought such a huge smile to my face! You are so kind! All glory goes to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ-if it weren't for Him and His Word, I'm sure I would be a feminist. And hating every moment of it, too! :)

Emily said...

Hello Rebekah, sorry for being so late in welcoming you to the blog! I am so behind on my blog duties, and so am slowly catching up.

Well, welcome! It was lovely to read your introduction - how precious it is that you have such a loving family and truly enjoy being with them. If God would grant me a daughter to grow up like you (when I get married of course, God-willing), I would be so blessed!

I hope you enjoy it here on the blog, and I look forward to reading your posts :)

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Emily,

You are so kind!! Your comments really made my day, though they were certainly undeserved!